I woke up Saturday morning at 5:15 to feed Dawson and started thinking........It was opening morning of the deer hunt. I felt like I should be on top of a mountain watching a meadow for any movement, freezing, eating trail mix and praying for the sun to come up. Instead I was just about to crawl into a warm bed and go back to sleep. I thought of my Dad and brothers up on the mountain probably cold, sore and tired from the hike the day before. I should have been happy thinking of a comfy, warm bed but I started to get sad. When I got up again a few hours later I was surprised how bummed out I was that I wasn't hunting this year, but then I remembered our friends mentioning hiking in Zion National Park, yea! It turned out to be a wonderful Saturday even with no shooting. I know we we warmer and ate better food. :)
Yes, we brought 3 babies. I think I heard some European tourist say "Wow, Mormons do love to have kids" as they passed us on the trail. The 3 little guys were troopers and got lots of attention. I've hiked in Zions a lot, but never with diaper changing and nursing breaks.
It was absolutely beautiful! The leaves were just starting to change. We hiked Angels landing and the Subway.....just kidding. Weeping rock and Emerald pools were more baby-friendly.
Don't you love Taylors binky ring?

7 comments:
Dang it! I was the last one to post! Your pictures turned out awesome. That was so fun, we are going to have to do that again for sure. That last picture of Dawson smiling is the cutest thing ever!
Looks like you guys had a great time, as well as Dawson! I'm sure you guys did get lots of attention on the trail! How fun!
Oh Jill... how I want to be more like you. You are so full of adventure and energy!
On Saturday I was happy basking in the sun at a football game. I've got to admitt that the hunt never crossed my mind even the rest of my family was out looking for that perfect buck... they know better than to invite me. But now I feel a little sad too.
I believe little baby Dawson will be the 1st Hutchins Grandson (or Great-Grandson) to be a literal hunter! Lucky, lucky boy!
Sorry Jill... this is Krista. I forgot Ty was logged on. The woe's of sharing the web. Lol
How cute is your baby's picture, I love it!!
How fun was that?! I just love that last picture of Dawson! So cute! :)
How fun! I wish it was warm enough up in Lehi to do some hiking. Jealous!
Post a Comment