Friday, October 10, 2008

I get it


I remember looking at my Dad like he was crazy when he stopped getting a deer or elk tag and said, "It's just a lot more fun for me to watch you kids hunt." Or my mom always just wanting to watch us slip n'slide or jump on the tramp. I thought to my self , how on earth could it be more fun to watch??
Well I get it. Dawson and I went down to St. George with my parents to watch my Dad compete in the Senior games, at the opening ceremonies there was a huge firework show. I have always LOVED fireworks, I can't remember a Birthday that I didn't ask for them, I wanted them at my wedding and I want them at my funeral- you get the idea. When the fireworks started I kept finding myself just watching Dawson, his reaction made me so happy. His eyes would get so big and excited and he would squeal when there would be a big boom. So I get it now, I'm sure there will be many more "Dawson shows" enjoyed.

7 comments:

Scott and Laura Bowles said...

that would be an awesome "mom" moment. I am glad you got to experience it. If you are gonna be in Northern Utah next weekend give me a call I will be up there from the 15-20th.

Krista said...

Oh Jill... you are a true MOM! Such a tender experience. You will have many more of those moments and as he gets older they just get sweeter!

BRITTANY said...

Oh I am glad he enjoyed them so much...I am excited for all of those moments as well! Aren't kids great?

BRITTANY said...

Cute new header thing-a-ma-jig! I love it. You are very creative, as always!

Tyler said...

The real question is did you feel that way when you watched Dad in the geezer games? Can the child watch the parent and have as much satisfaction as the parent watching the child? I dont think so. So parents dont try to relive your long lost youth. Once you have a kid its over. No one, not even your kids want to watch. :)
But next time your up I do have 300 bucks worth of firworks that I need to light.

Melissa said...

What a cute blog... I love it!!

Unknown said...

Love the header. Cute pictures of you all!

This is a random mix of: adventures from teaching at Snow Canyon Middle School, weekend hikes, different pregnant belly sizes and everyday life.