Friday, July 24, 2009

Timp

Timpooneke trail and I have a love/hate relationship. I love the gorgeous views, beautiful wild flowers and the neat wildlife. I hate the never ending uphill, stinging nettle, and the hundreds of toe stubbing rocks in the path. I asked my Dad if for my Birthday we could hike up timp, I somehow forgot the hate part of the relationship and how out of shape I am. I was soon reminded of all of that though.


Taylor, me, Tanner, Tyler, Sam and my Dad excited to start the journey



My hubby must really love me because he HATES hieghts, but because I love them he faces his fears.
Tay and Tanner


We finally made it to the tin shack on the very top

2 comments:

Scottfunkel said...

The tin shack? Is that what surveyors used to use to determine their location before GPS?

Taylor said...

wow Scottfunkle, I am impressed with your surveying knowledge.:) There is a red metal triangle on top of the tin building, there are 2 others on 2 other peaks in Utah, they used those to triangulate their position and such.

This is a random mix of: adventures from teaching at Snow Canyon Middle School, weekend hikes, different pregnant belly sizes and everyday life.