It was one of THOSE days............ you know the ones with EXTRA whining, spills, poopy diapers, time outs, spitting, hitting, biting..........
I was covered in spit up and mac and cheese attempting to wash crayon from the wall while holding a fussy baby, when Taylor walked in at 11pm exhausted from a long day of studying for finals.
"I know you are tired, but I just need 10 min." I begged
Taylor took the baby and I jumped in the shower determined to enjoy every second of my break from reality.
I was only about 2 min into my little piece of heaven when the walls started to come down- Literally!!
I screamed and by the time Taylor ran into the bathroom I was standing in a pile of rubble.
Yes, I said rubble. (anyone else reminded of Incredibles when they hear the word rubble? love that movie)
The soap holder and 7 tiles had fallen off the wall and onto my feet for no apparent reason. Really?!?
I think I am a magnet for freak accidents- remember the time a bobby pin in my hair went into a electrical socket when I rolled over on my bed causing a serious shock and extra frizzy hair? yeah pretty sure this doesn't happen to everyone.
Anyway- I had to laugh a lot or else I would cry as my 10 minutes were used trying to rinse the shampoo out of my hair in the sink and examining my bruised and scratched feet. sigh

8 comments:
Did that really happen with the bobby pin? Seriously? Good luck with your next "10 minutes"!
Oh man! I'm laughing but feel a little like crying for your loss of those precious 10 minutes!
Oh Jillian--I'm glad you didn't cry. I want to after reading your day! Sometimes it takes things getting RIDICULOUSLY out of control to make you laugh. Like when Mary Tessa threw up 1 hour into our 15 hour drive at Christmas.
Oh Jill, you never cease to amuse me. Really, how do these weird things happen to you?
i remember hearing about the bobbi pin story. oh dear hopefully not TOO many of your days are so adventful
Wow, somehow reading your blog always makes me feel better about my day. After hearing about your "10 minutes of time" my three poop accidents today sound so much easier! You are such a good mom!!
wow. good post.
Shoot! It made for a good post though! :)
Post a Comment