Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Why Dads DON'T potty train

We have been working on the concept of potty training for a few months now, but when D turned 2 a few days ago he received awesome Elmo and Cars big boy underwear and we said "Bye Bye" to diapers.
He was making it to the potty about 80% of the time, but with 80% it is still a very long, messy frustrating day.
I was in charge of YW, so I went early and then took girls home after so I was gone about 3hours leaving Taylor to the potty business. I told Taylor to set the timer every 20 min and have D sit on the potty and if he says "potty" you have about 30 seconds to get him on it. I kissed him goodbye and wished him "Good Luck"

about 3 hours later I returned to.........

Dawson screaming in his room with a towel taped around his butt.....
a pile of Dawsons clothes, Taylor's clothes, pillows, towlles, blankets etc in the bathroom....
Taylor sitting at the table with bloodshot eyes looking as if he were hit by a truck.
http://davidputmanlive.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/stressed-out1.jpg
What happened?? I asked....
"I don't care if he is in diapers until he is five! I've been pooped on and peed on and I am done!"

I hugged and kissed both of my traumatized boys, put the peed on pile in the laundry , had both of them go to bed and SMILED.

Taylor happily went to work this morning with a smile on his face as he kissed me goodbye and said "Good Luck".

5 comments:

BRITTANY said...

Oh I am so glad Dawson peed all over everything...makes them men appreciate us women more :)

Spenny and Nellie Morris said...

That is hilarious. Oh how I love you read your blog Jilly Bean. :) I'm glad he got a taste of how your days are. Maybe you should teach me how to potty train?! And happy 2nd birthday Dawson! Looks like a super fun party-way to go Jill.

Beth Ann said...

Absolutely hilarous!!! Men.....ya just gotta love em!!!

Sarah said...

LOVE it!!! hahaha

Kevin and Kerry said...

You are so ambitious to be potty training him at just barely 2!!! We did it when the boys were just 3 months away from being 3--they both got the hang of it in 2 weeks. I am glad taylor got a taste of reality and what we do every day--we all know who has the easier job!!

This is a random mix of: adventures from teaching at Snow Canyon Middle School, weekend hikes, different pregnant belly sizes and everyday life.