D is in the best stage right now,(I think I have felt that way about every stage though) It seems like he learns new words every and I never know what is going to pop out of his mouth. Here are a few that made me smile.
He ran in early one morning, jumped on my bed, gave me a big hug, threw his head back and said "kiss me mama!" the best alarm clock ever.
We got to the "singing portion of his bed time routine I began my usual rendition of "I am a child of God" Dawson looked right in my eyes and said "Pees top it" (Please stop it) that is a phase that unfortunately he hears several times a day. I smiled and began again, he said with more force "Top it!" I know I am not a great singer but, C'mon!
He knows quite a few words, but sometimes I need a translator. This morning he kept climbing on the desk and saying, "pus but" hmmmmm I thought, not sure I like this new phase. He got a bit frustrated and opened the computer and pushed the on button and said again "pus but" ahhhhhh ok he just wants to push buttons. phew- cracked the code
He has learned the word "are-ry" (sorry) but this week as I walked in the kitchen I heard a loud "are-ry mama" right before he threw his breakfast on the floor. Not sure he gets the remorse thing yet.
I saved my favorite for last..........Dawsons sweet prayers.
before we eat or go to bed, he folds his arms, squints his eyes a little and very reverently and quietly mumbles. la, la la ala la, abaooola (with the intonation of how Taylor and I usually pray) then throws his arms in the air with a loud, not-so-reverent "May-Men!"(amen)
under sink mat
3 years ago
3 comments:
What a cutie! He's getting so big, and I'm very impressed he's putting little sentences together. His faces in the mirror crack me up. Logan pulls some pretty crazy faces too. Aren't little boys so much fun?! I'm loving this stage too--they're so much fun to play with, and some of the things they say and do are so funny. I love the kiss me mama-so precious! And you keep singing "I Am A Child of God" to him!!! :)
Uncle Jeff and I are laying in bed getting a good chuckle out of Little D... Thanks for sharing his sweetness with us! We Love You!
Such a sweet boy. I love all his little sayings.
Post a Comment