We had an eventful Labor Day Weekend, first we tried out our new grill that Taylor got for his birthday by inviting some friends for a BBQ, it was a lot of fun! With Tay taking classes all summer and me getting a new 24/7 job (Dawson), we haven't been too social and even more sadly we have not hiked, biked, fished or anything that makes summer so great. So when my Dad suggested we hike Ashdown Gorge on Labor Day, I was stoked! My mom was even more stoked that she could babysit Dawson since she hates dirt and excersize and is obsessed with being a grandma. I loaded D up with food and kissed him goodbye and off we went, Taylor was not so enthusiastic he doesn't quite understand my love of hiking, hieghts, getting muddy etc. Thats all right though, after 2 years of marraige I now know pretty much every rule of football: highschool, college and the pros as Taylor patiently laughed at/answered my questions at half time or during comericials. It's all a little give and take. So, my Dad didn't exactly know how to get into the gorge so we picked a trail and started hiking, it was beautiful and perfect weather, after about 5 miles we hit a road that we could have easily drived too, Oops! We continued on and eventually found the gorge. It was a awsome slot canyon, we snacked on wild rasberries and currents (Bear Grills would be proud). Taylor even had fun hopping the river and sneaking up on deer. After about 4 miles down the canyon we were all grateful to see the car that we had left at the bottom, but there was a problem............. The keys to the glorious car, were left in the other car that we left on top of the mountian. Big OOps! so my Dad and lil bro Sam started up the highway with their thumbs out. Taylor and I stayed at the car and as a red van passed we both prayed that it would pick them up, and sure enough Thank you red van man for listening to promtings he picked them up and we all made it home a little wet and sore, but happy! :)
I know that socks with sandles are a fashion no-no, but when you have bleeding blisters after only 2 miles I graciouly accepted Taylor's socks.
I've been saying this since kintergarten but my Dad is in way better shape then your dad!
under sink mat
3 years ago

4 comments:
Looks like a lot of fun Jill. I can totally picture your mom being in HEAVEN with Dawson all to herself!
WOW! Way to LABOR on Labor Day. You guys are my hero's!
your blogs are so entertaining to read. I'm very impressed with your writing abilities! Looks like a fun adventure! How did you do without Dawson? Was it hard or a nice break?
Looks like a fun adventure! We need to do it with the babies when they get older!
Post a Comment