Saturday, March 12, 2011

hike-sick

I love camping!!
Taylor gets home-sick sometimes, and I get hike-sick.
hike-sick: feeling of sorrow one has when missing open spaces, trees, dirt, fire, fresh air and smores.

To cure the hike-sickness we headed to Livingston State Park. We spent 2 days and one rather sleepless night there hiking, eating, fishing, playing and enjoying the great outdoors.



Posted by Picasa
A few things that I want to remember about this trip:
*Dawson singing "Happy Birthday to me" to the fire and trying to blow it out for about an hour.

* Dawson singing Jingle Bells the WHOLE drive there.

*Once it got dark and we ran out of firewood and we headed for the tent. Dawson kept saying "I want to go home! No sleeping in bags, we sleep in beds!" Taylor couldn't stop laughing because he would have been screaming the same thing if he could. :)

*Telling stories in the tent for hours, Taylor and I would take turns and Dawson would add a bit here and there. Most of the stories were about frogs with a few about monkeys. We would pause to let Dawson fill in the blanks.
Once there was a big green frog named......STU!
They went through the Jungle and saw a big, scary............LETTER X!
There once was a monkey named..... TWO and he had a little brother named ...Dawson thought for a minute- A LITTLE BROTHER NAMED DOS!

* Stopping in the little town of Goodrich at a snow cone place and when we walked in everyone there stopped to stare at us. (I don't think they see "outsiders" very often. :)

*Dawson chasing lizards around, and saying "Mom, that lizard likes my hair"

*The ride home was silent and peaceful- very rare with our boys in the back seat. Dawson slept the whole way and Stockton reached our snack bag and when we finally realized it he was covered from head to toe in cheetos and ELFudge cookies. Literally his toes were covered in chocolate. OOPS!


3 comments:

Krista said...

That sounds AWESOME! You've been able to achieve something us "other" Hutchins women have not ... getting your man to sleep in a TENT! Kuddos for you!

BRITTANY said...

Makes me want to go camping...I wish it would warm up. :)

Spenny and Nellie Morris said...

Love it! Glad you could help cure the hike-sickness. Love that you created memories and documented those memories. There's nothing like fun family bonding time in the wilderness.

This is a random mix of: adventures from teaching at Snow Canyon Middle School, weekend hikes, different pregnant belly sizes and everyday life.

Blog Archive