Sunday, March 20, 2011

the dangers of folding laundry

So once upon a St. Patrick's day I was folding laundry on our futon when Dawson decided that the big pile of clothes looked like an excellent place to jump............he thought wrong. His face smashed into the bar on the side of the futon and the blood started flowing. We dropped Stockton off with a friend(thanks Kim) and headed to the doctor. The Pediatrician to one look at it and sent us to the Emergency Room. I told him if he was brave he could have some icecream. Dawson was wrapped tightly in a sheet and a big nurse laid on top of him while I TRIED to hold his head and chin still while the doctor put in 6 stitches. When he wasn't screaming hysterically he was yelling "I DON'T LIKE BRAVE!! I DON'T LIKE BRAVE! I ALL DONE!" It is amazing how strong a 2 year old is when he is scared and hysterical.

all rinsed out

waiting for the doctor

all stitched up and exhausted

yummy cupcakes always help owies.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Tiffany said...

Oooh, those pictures make my stomach drop. We know injuries/holding down kids for stuff all too well at our house. Poor Dawson!

Kristen and Ryan said...

I still can't believe they didn't put him out! sawyer just got a shot of that unconscious awake drug...or something (you think I would know now being married to an expert ) and he just laid there with his eyes open while they stitched him up. I can't imagine holding him down! wow, I hope you got a cupcake (or two) also!

Laura Bowles said...

sad! at least he got a cupcake

Spenny and Nellie Morris said...

Yikes! I remember when Logan broke his arm I felt so bad cause he was seeking comfort from me, but I had to keep him holding still so I felt like I was betraying him somehow. Here's to a quick recovery!

BRITTANY said...

Oh man that looks painful.

Kari said...

Oh my goodness! Poor little guy! Sounds like a rough day for everyone! Hope he's doing better now!

This is a random mix of: adventures from teaching at Snow Canyon Middle School, weekend hikes, different pregnant belly sizes and everyday life.

Blog Archive