Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April Fool's fun!

The following content may not be appropriate for readers under 16 (Hummer and Tanner!)



A positive pregnancy test was waiting on the bathroom counter when Taylor came home for lunch. I had gotten car sick, been sensitive to smells and not feeling so good in the morning the last few days. :)
At first he said, "Please be joking" "How?"
Good thing Tay doesn't know much about how girls work because I rambled off some medical stuff about Ovulation and faulty contraceptives. He pulled out his phone where he keeps a list of names that he likes and immediately started trying to talk me into Korver, Hoops or Pointz for names
Some more direct quotes are.....
"Wow I have amazing swimmers"
He started jumping up and down saying "I'm going to have a Korver!"
"Do you think we could talk Jake and Heather into getting pregnant too so our kids will be the same age?"
"Tell your mom that she cannot move in with us"
"I knew you were pregnant when you told me that I should really come home for lunch"
I felt a twinge of guilt when he prayed and said "Please forgive us for not appreciating this miracle, and help strengthen us to handle this as we know it is meant to be"
I was rather irritated when he said "Well at least now I know why you have been so ornery"
"
You are freakishly fertile"
"This is good for Dawson, he won't be so spoiled"

When he started talking about the poor timing of this "miracle", he said that he would look in the the University of Houston to see if he could defer going to Optometry school so that he could work till the baby was born. When he started talking like that I knew I shouldn't let this go on for too long, even though it was fun.
Before he left for class, I hugged him and whispered"April Fools"
His face dropped, are you serious?? He called me a butt and left for class because he was late. About 5 seconds later he rushed back in the door..... you should take a real one just to be sure, I laughed because there is no way I am pregnant.

Thanks Tiffany for the use of your urine. Only a true friend just smiles when I asked "Could you pee on something for me?"


16 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is the funniest April Fools joke ever!!!

Spenny and Nellie Morris said...

That's hilarious! That's a pretty convincing, real joke. Kudos to you! I'm sure Taylor isn't thinking it's too funny yet, but he soon will. Who knows Jill, maybe he's going to pressure you into trying for real now. So who's the joke on now?!

Tiffany said...

Ha ha! I'm so glad I could be in on it, and you are welcome to my urine any time. (Ok so that sounds bad...) I'm so glad Taylor fell for it! I laughed out loud at the "freakishly fertile" comment. Oh I love it...Way to celebrate the holiday!
By the way - Isaac and I were laughing today saying that the real pay back would be if you really DID end up being pregnant!

Lisah said...

That is funny!!! Poor Taylor must have been so sad when he heard April fools!!! My favorite is when he said your mom can't move in with you. Classic

Jeff and Brandi said...

That is hilarious!

BRITTANY said...

You are my hero! So so funny. I thought about doing it to Derek but knew there was no way I could keep a straight face! Way to go. I love it!

Judy said...

Haha, that is such a good April Fools joke! I would never be able to pull of something that good.

Sarah Keith said...

Jill, you are so good! I was kinda hoping that you were prego though! I wish I could pull something like that off, but I would give in! Love ya!

Jared said...

That is so funny! I love the comments that Taylor made and the prayer thing.
Nice joke.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hey,
I played the same joke on Adam but it was not on April fools. This way he REALLY believed me. It was so funny! It is always nice to have pregnant friends who are so willing to lend their tinkle for a good cause. :)

Scott and Laura Bowles said...

HAHAHA that is a classic april fools. i love taylors reaction. scott says if i ever do that to him he will be mad at me forever ;) i agree with jonelle...maybe it will be time soon...

Kira said...

wow Jill wow. That is awesome I will have to remember that one for next year:)

Robyn said...

Jillian-I just found your blog thru the Dotson's. That is the funniest thing! I love that Taylor thought everything through so quickly. Funny!

Brenna said...

That is a good one! Funny how he didn't believe you when you told him April Fool's and still asked that you take another test!

TexasTwinsTwice said...

oh that is sooooo funny--good one Jillian!! I love it! His comments were just hilarious!

This is a random mix of: adventures from teaching at Snow Canyon Middle School, weekend hikes, different pregnant belly sizes and everyday life.