Sunday, January 18, 2009

Our week

Monday: Dawson began pulling himself up onto everything possible, I had to initiate "Childproofing-phase 16" We made scones for FHE, and I only burned half of them! :)

Tuesday: Taylor left for his interview in Philadelphia, and after surveying my piles of laundry and picturing myself dragging Dawson back and forth from the laundry room spending $15 dollars in quarters I packed up the mountains of clothes in the trunk, biffing it once on the ice in our parking lot and drove to Lehi to surprise the fam. My mom called just as I reached the exit and said "Oh I miss Dawson, I want to drive down and see him so bad, but I can't" I said "Well I just pulled into Lehi"- my ears are still ringing from her screams.

Wednesday: My 14yr old brother Sam and I began our prank war mainly just pushing each other in the snow or putting stuff in each others drinks, but it was escalating by the hour. The Parry bunch fought over Dawson with my Mom winning most of the time.

Thursday: Just when I was thinking that I was beginning to grow up because I was really excited to get a case of diapers and a 72hr kit for Christmas I dumped a bucket of ice water on Sam during his shower. My parents just rolled their eyes.

Friday: Dawson and I drove back and Tay came home, the interview went well and he received another one to Houston, TX. So now we have narrowed it down to Forestgrove OR, Philadelphia PA or Houston TX. Any input would be appreciated especially about Phili or Houston I've research OR pretty well.
Saturday: Watched the sad Jazz game. Dawson discovered the book case and does not get tired of taking the books out. Taylor and I came up with a game plan to get Dawson to sleep in his crib instead of in our bed. Dawson won.

Sunday: I was released from the Relief Society Presidency Secretary and called to be a Sunday School teacher for the 12yr olds. I am really excited, I've missed teaching a lot and this will give me a little of it without the grading and I'll be teaching very applicable material.:)
Sundays have always been my days to miss people. Especially in college- no practice, no class and time to think of friends and family. Today I missed my brother Rex. He is in Louisiana on his mission. I miss his quirky sense of humor, quiet goodness and even his brown nosing. I know he is learning, growing and serving but I can still miss him.



I'm going to TRY to do weekly wrap ups on Sundays, so I warn you some of our days are rather dull and we are pretty much obsessed with Dawson, but hey that's how we like it.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

BRITTANY said...

Sounds like a very exciting week! I bet you mom just loved that you surprised them like that! That's so fun Dawson is pulling himself up (well maybe not for you). He is changing so quickly!

Scottfunkel said...

What happened to Boston? Phili would be cool, lot's of history. And your withing day tripping distance of a billion other cool places.

Krista said...

Hummmmm, obssesed with Dawson... every little boys deserves that. You 2 are such good parents.

Phili or Texas... let's see... can I vote for UTAH? I know I can't :(
We're so proud of you Taylor. It is no surprise to us that everyone is fighting over you! :)

Spenny and Nellie Morris said...

Wow-what a full week! I can imagine your Mom was thrilled with the surprise visit! I'm just sad, cause I was in Lehi this whole week too for Grandma's funeral! Sad! Kari and I even had Cafe Rio for lunch one time-I had no clue, otherwise you know I would have needed to get my Jill and Dawson fix too!

I don't know what to say about the school thing besides, discuss and come up with pros and cons, pray, fast. Then do what you feel is best and the Lord will take care of the rest. Big decision!

This is a random mix of: adventures from teaching at Snow Canyon Middle School, weekend hikes, different pregnant belly sizes and everyday life.