Friday, October 7, 2011

When upon lives pillows you are tempest tossed....


I woke up this morning discouraged.
Not because of any major sorrow or trial, just a lot of little things together. Mostly because I am robbed of MY day this week.
( You see, UofH gets Taylor Monday through Friday. Work gets most of him Saturday, but Sunday, sweet Sunday- the Lord, me and the boys happily share him. But not this week- he has mandatory school Monday through Sunday- BOO)

Anyway that is not the point, I was laying in bed bummed and my boys run in with big smiles to jump on my bed. We all stacked up pillows and gleefully jumped and played.

I started singing one of my favorite hymns (Count your many blessings) You see, I sing it "When upon lives PILLOWS you are tempest tossed, when you are discouraged thinking all is lost, count your many blessings name them one by one and it will surprise you what the Lord has done. (I know it doesn't make sense, but I don't know what a Billow is, and it makes me smile.)


Then I got to the 4th verse and said a prayer of gratitude for the angels who watch over me and those I love every day...

So amid the conflict whether great or small,
do not be discouraged God is over all.
Count your many blessings
angels will attend,
help and comfort give you to your Jouney's end.



just a few of my Blessings today...


  • ALL of my boy's sorrows and problems can be fixed with kisses, bandaids, and cookies. (I know that won't last, so I am enjoying it)
  • General Conference gave me encouragement and motivation to be better. Hooray for modern day prophets and apostles.
  • My pumpkin spice candle and colorful leaves on the table remind me that it is fall, but I can still throw on my flip flops and go to the park because Houston still thinks it is summer. I love summer and fall.


I hope that your day is full of pillows and blessings! Many of you reading this are my angels. :)









4 comments:

Tyler said...

Stockton has a ugly shirt!

Spenny and Nellie Morris said...

Love it! Way to look on the positive. One of my blessings was getting to talk to you yesterday. I'm so grateful to have had such great friends growing up! You are an awesome Mom. Seriously, I can tell you have hard days like all moms, but I can also tell you enjoy motherhood and your boys adore you. What a fun mom!

Maria Ricks said...

Thanks for the message, Jill! I can tell you are a great wife and mother. Oh, and cousin, too :)

Brekke said...

What a great way to change your day! I don't know what a billow is either.

This is a random mix of: adventures from teaching at Snow Canyon Middle School, weekend hikes, different pregnant belly sizes and everyday life.

Blog Archive