Sunday, June 5, 2011

Happy Birthday Dawson!!


You may be asking yourself......Why is this man involved in Dawson's Birthday Party??? I am still wondering the same thing.
Yes that is right folks Dawson's 3yr old Birthday Party was shut down by security.
While planning the Bug Bash I thought worst case scenario was that it rained right? -HA! boy was I wrong.
We were all set up at the big pool, then about 10 min before our friends were to arrive we were told the water had not been treated and we were moved to a smaller, further away pool. So I abandoned most of the decor and hurried to move everything.
Soon after, we were told all of our guests must leave the pool and the property immediately. There had been a "rule change" blah blah blah- I won't go into the ridiculous details.





As the cake feel apart, so did most of the other party plans


my cute lil bugs


enjoying his worms and dirt

Things I hope to soon forget:
* the looks on the kids faces as they were kicked out of the pool
*a few temper flares
*my mad dash to cover Taylor's mouth before he said more that he would later regret

Things I want to remember:
*Our wonderful, understanding and helpful friends
*the look on Dawson's face when he woke up and realized it was finally his Birthday. He gave me a big hug and fell back down onto his bed and with a sigh exclaimed "I'm finally 3!"
*That Dawson had a great day and didn't stop talking about all of his friends and his "bug party"

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

r said...

Oh man! Taylor gave us the run down this afternoon. I'm sorry!! What a nightmare.

I love the cake! And the bug photo board! Well done, Jillian. I wish it had all gone without a hitch for you guys.

Spenny and Nellie Morris said...

What? What person would ruin a little kids party like that? How rude! Looks like an adorable party though! Complete with an awesome picture background, cake and deco. Wow-you're amazing!

BRITTANY said...

Only you Jill, only you! I will be calling to get the full details :)

Sarah said...

Jillian- it was still a great party. Nathan absolutely loved the bean beg toss- he still asks me to play! You did great job...and just think, when Dawson is all grown up he will have a great story to tell people about his wild and crazy 3rd birthday!

Laura Bowles said...

looks like a fun party...minus the mishaps. happy birthday D!

This is a random mix of: adventures from teaching at Snow Canyon Middle School, weekend hikes, different pregnant belly sizes and everyday life.